systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Niketan Pansare" <npan...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Package jcuda of other platforms in the extra jar
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:07:48 GMT

Hi all,

Currently, we only package jcuda's linux shared libraries in our python pip
package (as most SystemML developers use linux for testing the GPU
backend). This makes it difficult to use the GPU backend on other platform
via our Python APIs. To improve the usability, I would suggest that we
package the jcuda jars of other platforms as well. The drawback of this
approach is that size of the extra jar will increase.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare
IBM Almaden Research Center