systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Rework inter-procedural analysis
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 07:00:28 GMT
just a quick heads up: in the next couple of days, I'll rework our existing
inter-procedural analysis (IPA) in order to (1) create well-defined IPA
passes, (2) reuse functional call graphs across multiple rounds of IPA, and
(3) introduce new IPA passes such as fine-grained literal propagation and
replacements as well as inlining of functions with control structures. This
will help improve the performance and debugging of scripts with complex
function call patterns. However, since this is a rather disruptive change,
we might experience temporarily some compiler issues - if that happens
please file anything you encounter against SYSTEMML-1668.

Regards,
Matthias