systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Janardhan Pulivarthi <janardhan.pulivar...@gmail.com>
Subject On the need for Parameter Server. ( A Model Parallel Construct )
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 05:16:57 GMT
Dear committers,

Implementation/Integration of existing parameter server for the execution
of algorithms in a distributed fashion both for the machine learning and
deep learning.

The following document covers a bit about whether we need one or not ?.

My name is Janardhan, currently working on [SYSTEMML-1437] implementation
of factorization machines, which are to be sparse-safe and scalable, to
stick to this philosophy we might need a model parallel construct. I know
very little about how systemml exactly works. If you find some *7 minutes*
please have a look at this doc.
​​​
 Parameter Server: a model parallel construct
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AOW53numMJSF_msGvo1lekpyv7_3VF51i6xAjNCEC9I/edit?usp=drive_web>
​