systemml-dev mailing list archives

From dusenberr...@gmail.com
Subject Parfor loop interdependencies
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 23:24:53 GMT
While working on depthwise convolution, I wanted to make use of a parfor loop to run multiple
convolutions at once (there is a vectorized approach as well, but that is out of scope for
this question), but I'm running into issues with false flags for loop interdependencies.
Within the parfor body, I am performing left-indexing over unique ranges to store results
in a variable `out`, and the engine currently expresses concerns regarding this variable.
 The range bounds are short expressions, and I have printed out the ranges to be absolutely
sure that they are unique.  If I use `check=0`, then the engine dies with a null pointer exception.

What is the current strategy used for determining inter-loop dependencies for parfor statements?
 How can we improve this?

-Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry