systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Frederick R Reiss" <frre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Combining Multiple Matrix
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 23:44:59 GMT

Hi Arijit,

Have you considered using parfor and left indexing? Here's an example from
the docs that generates a large matrix out of smaller chunks:

ms = matrix(0, rows=2, cols=3*10)
parfor (v in 1:10, check=0) {
    mv = matrix(v, rows=2, cols=3)
    ms[,(v-1)*3+1:v*3] = mv
}

SystemML has a special data structure to represent a matrix block that is
all zeros, so creating a very large matrix of zeros (first line in the
above listing) is an inexpensive operation.

Fred