systemml-dev mailing list archives

From arijit chakraborty <ak...@hotmail.com>
Subject Combining Multiple Matrix
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 16:47:51 GMT
Hi,

Our process is generating multiple matrix, of same size, but number of matrix is random. Finally,
we combine all the smaller matrix to get a final large matrix.

The way we are creating the large matrix is, we are creating a blank matrix and then update
the matrix once each smaller matrix is created. This is inefficient because we are initially
creating a large matrix, which sometimes take more than required space.

So is there any method where we can combined all the final smaller matrix together into a
larger matrix? For rbind and cbind, we have to use loops to merge the matrix.

Thank you!

Arijit