systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Krishna Kalyan <krishnakaly...@gmail.com>
Subject Some questions on Performance Test
Date Sun, 14 May 2017 06:47:43 GMT
Hello All,

Question 1:

Currently we have 5 backend modes.
(standalone, hadoop, spark, hybrid and spark_hybrid)
I would like to know if we need to have performance tests for all 5
backends + noticed that earlier we had perftests only for MapReduce and
Spark Mode.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/tree/master/scripts/perftest

Question 2:

Would calling scripts from the bin folder to run performance test be a good
idea?.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/tree/master/bin
(from python files like systemml-standalone.py, systemml-spark-submit.py etc
)

Will that be a good approach?. Based on some suggestions on this JIRA, I
understand that creating an API would be another option.

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Krishna