systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Standard code styles for DML and Java?
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 00:25:21 GMT
thanks Deron for centralizing this discussion, as this could help to
avoid redundancy spread across many individual JIRAs and PRs. Overall, I
think it would be good to agree on individual style guides for DML and
Java.

I'm fine with using spaces for DML scripts because they are rarely
changed once written. However, for Java, I'd strongly prefer tabs for
indentation because tabs are (1) faster to navigate, and (2) allow to
configure the dev environment according to subjective preferences. For
inline formatting both should use spaces though.

Finally, I would recommend to also include common inconsistency such as
exception handling (catch all vs redundant error messages),
hashcode/equals, unnecessary branches, etc.

Regards,
Matthias