systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Niketan Pansare" <npan...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: caffe and org.tensorflow licenses?
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:48:36 GMT

Hi Deron,

I had same doubt and hence have created the PR
https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/pull/467 few days ago. We can
continue to discuss this on mailing list or the PR.

Even though we are not including the caffe/tensorflow project, we are
depending on their input/output format (i.e. proto files). Unfortunately,
both caffe and tensorflow don't have maven coordinates for their
input/output formats as they tend to use C++/Python wrappers created from
the proto files. Hence, we have to compile their proto files into java
classes. Personally, I think we should include their licenses into our jar.

TensorFlow => Apache 2.0 license
Caffe => https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/blob/master/LICENSE

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare