systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
Subject caffe and org.tensorflow licenses?
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:28:47 GMT
Hi,

I see after a recent commit that the main jar file now gets caffe and
org.tensorflow packages added to it. This would tend to suggest that our
main jar needs modifications to its LICENSE file (and any other artifacts
containing the main jar would also need their LICENSES updated).

However, I see at https://github.com/google/protobuf/blob/master/LICENSE
that:
"Code generated by the Protocol Buffer compiler is owned by the owner
of the input file used when generating it.  This code is not
standalone and requires a support library to be linked with it.  This
support library is itself covered by the above license."

So could someone tell me if caffe and tensorflow licenses now need to be
added to the project?

Even if they are not required, some confusion during artifact validation
can occur since the project looks like it contains caffe and tensorflow
classes.

Deron

--
Deron Eriksson