systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Branch 0.14 based on SystemML-0.14 RC1 has been deleted
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 21:38:43 GMT
At this point we are not restricting anyone to put code on SystemML master branch unless its
breaking backward compatibility.
When we cut RC3, it will be cut based on master branch. So any fixes put since RC1 has cut
will go in RC3 as well.

 Arvind Surve | Spark Technology Center  | http://www.spark.tc/

      From: Deron Eriksson <deroneriksson@gmail.com>
 To: dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Cc: Arvind Surve <acs_s@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:06 PM
 Subject: Re: Branch 0.14 based on SystemML-0.14 RC1 has been deleted

I'm growing a bit concerned about this strategy of not having a 0.14 branch. Right now it's
been 10 days since RC1 was cut, and RC3 is going to be cut from master. I feel this is starting
to affect the project moving foward. As an example, the Apache Commons CLI PR has still not
been merged into master since it is waiting on the 0.14 validation and voting to be finished.
If it takes another total of 10 days for RC3 to be approved (by us and the IPMC), it means
that during 1/3 of our 2-month release cycle we can't commit forward-thinking features on
master.
We could easily remedy this with a 0.14 branch when RC3 is cut.
Deron

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:

+1

--