systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Time To Release 0.13
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 12:48:32 GMT
I agree with Arvind here as the 8GB case would mostly run as singlenode,
in-memory operations and not test the Spark 2.x integration.

Regards,
Matthias

On 1/17/2017 5:33 AM, Arvind Surve wrote:
> We are planning to have 80GB testing for 0.13 release (to support Spark 2.0). It will
add couple of days for overall performance testing but its worth try before releasing SystemML
on Spark 2.0.If we find issues which are not show stopping then we can release Spark 2.0,
but we should get 80GB testing done.

>  ------------------Arvind SurveSpark Technology Centerhttp://www.spark.tc/

a release process for 0.13.  That way, we will have an official release that supports 2.x,
in addition to 0.12 that supports 1.6.

> I'd like to propose that as long as our tests pass, and a performance suite on *8GB*
is reasonably acceptable, we go ahead and release. We can save more detailed performance testing
and any possible improvements for 0.13.x releases, or more importantly for the upcoming 1.0
release.  I think it would be a good idea to have one official release on Spark 2.x that the
community can stress test before our 1.0 release.