systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Release cadence
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 14:05:09 GMT
In general, I like the idea of aiming for consistent release cycles.
However, every month is just too much, at least for me. There is a
considerable overhead associated with each release for end-to-end
performance tests, tests on different environments, code freeze for new
features, etc. Hence, a too short release cycle would not be "agile" but
would actually slow us down. From my perspective, a realistic release
cadence would be 2-3 months, maybe a bit more for major releases.

Regards,
Matthias