systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Niketan Pansare" <npan...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Time To Merge Spark 2.0 Support PR
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 21:12:37 GMT

I am fine with creating a branch for Spark 1.6 support and merging Spark
2.0 PR then. Like Luciano said, we can creating a release 0.12 from our
Spark 1.6 branch.

Overriding previous release is common practice for pip installer, however
pypi does maintain the history of releases. Once a release candidate 0.12
is created, the user can install SystemML python package in three ways:
1. From source by checking out the branch and executing: mvn package -P
distribution, followed by pip install
target/systemml-0.12.0-incubating-python.tgz
2. From Apache site, pip install
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/systemml/0.12.0-incubating/systemml-0.12.0-incubating-python.tgz
3. From pypi by specifying the version, pip install -I
systemml_incubating==0.12

As long as we ensure that version of the python package on pypi matches our
release version and we document the Spark support in our release notes,
there should not be any confusion on usage :)

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare
IBM Almaden Research Center
E-mail: npansar At us.ibm.com