systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Berthold Reinwald" <reinw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [DISCUSS]: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.12.0-incubating (RC1)
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2017 06:00:05 GMT
I looked at the artifacts on Apache (
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/systemml/0.12.0-incubating-rc1/
), and on Maven (
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesystemml-1012/
)

I noticed some inconsistencies, which people may or may not care about.
Yet wanted to bring to everyone's attention.

The artifacts on Apache show:
systemml-0.12.0-incubating-bin.tgz
EVERYTHING is under a root folder called "systemml-0.12.0-incubating-
standalone" . Question, why "standalone"?
contains the core SystemML jar file named
systemml-0.12.0-incubating-standalone/lib/systemml-0.12.0-incubating.jar
and has a size of 4.4MB.

systemml-0.12.0-incubating-python.tgz
EVERYTHING, i.e. the python files, is under a root folder called
"systemml-0.12.0". Question, does it not be called "systemml-0.12.0
-incubating" ?
contains scripts/staging while missing in
systemml-0.12.0-incubating-bin.tgz

The artifacts on Maven show:
systemml-0.12.0-incubating.tgz or .zip for that matter:
the core SystemML jar file is named
systemml-0.12.0-incubating/SystemML.jar, and has a size of 4.79 MB. Not
sure why different from above 4.4MB, and named differently.
i would expect that these archives contain the python files as well but do
NOT.
Btw, in the dev environment, running a maven build produces an archive
called systemml-0.12.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-python.tgz which basically
contains the python files and the current content of
systemml-0.12.0-incubating.tgz. I believe that's what we need.
As we do not have this today in maven repo, which one of the artifacts is
self contained and can be put on pypi? I believe that our pypi artifact
should contain the python files and the SystemML jar/scripts, and one pip
install command should install python files and SystemML jar file.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Berthold Reinwald
IBM Almaden Research Center