systemml-dev mailing list archives

From dusenberr...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Time To Release 0.13
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 21:38:27 GMT
Update: that Python DSL bug has been fixed.

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.

> On Jan 17, 2017, at 7:12 PM, dusenberrymw@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Alright sounds good.  I have one PR that needs to be merged for a Python test failure,
and then let's cut a release candidate and get started.

> Side note: we'll need to cut another release candidate for 0.12 as well due to the Python
bug that was discovered during testing of rc1.

> --
>
> Mike Dusenberry
> GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw
> LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/mikedusenberry
>
> Sent from my iPhone.
>

>> On Jan 17, 2017, at 4:48 AM, Matthias Boehm <mboehm7@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I agree with Arvind here as the 8GB case would mostly run as singlenode, in-memory
operations and not test the Spark 2.x integration.

>> Regards,
>> Matthias
>>
>>> On 1/17/2017 5:33 AM, Arvind Surve wrote:
>>> We are planning to have 80GB testing for 0.13 release (to support Spark 2.0).
It will add couple of days for overall performance testing but its worth try before releasing
SystemML on Spark 2.0.If we find issues which are not show stopping then we can release Spark
2.0, but we should get 80GB testing done.

>>> ------------------Arvind SurveSpark Technology Centerhttp://www.spark.tc/

start a release process for 0.13.  That way, we will have an official release that supports
2.x, in addition to 0.12 that supports 1.6.

>>> I'd like to propose that as long as our tests pass, and a performance suite on
*8GB* is reasonably acceptable, we go ahead and release. We can save more detailed performance
testing and any possible improvements for 0.13.x releases, or more importantly for the upcoming
1.0 release.  I think it would be a good idea to have one official release on Spark 2.x that
the community can stress test before our 1.0 release.