systemml-dev mailing list archives

From dusenberr...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Maven build failing
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 22:40:03 GMT
Glad we were able to sort out the original issue, and thanks for the follow up question. The
download page offers a single release binary in either a zip or tar archive format (additionally
you will find a sources folder). Once you unzip or untar the release archive, you will find
a SystemML JAR file within the folder. This is exactly the same as the `SystemML.jar` file,
but has been renamed to include the release version number.

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 2:21 PM, Narayanaswami, Sandeep <Sandeep.Narayanaswami@capitalone.com>
wrote:

> Thank you all so much for your responses. I really appreciate it.
> Felix was correct: It did turn out to be a proxy issue. I was able to hit the repository
from a browser, so I was initially confused as to why it was breaking. I ended up changing
my maven settings.xml to include the proxy info and that worked.

> Felix’s response leads me to another question: I’m probably missing something obvious
here, but it seems to me like the SystemML download page only offers binaries for the standalone
version, and there seems to be no way (besides building from source) to get my hands on the
SystemML.jar. Is this correct?

> On 1/6/17, 17:31, "Mike Dusenberry" <dusenberrymw@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>    Hi Sandeep,
>
>    Thanks for reaching out!  The error message looks like a local Maven
>    issue.  In addition to the suggestion from Felix, another possibility is to
>    remove (or rename) your Maven cache, typically located at `~/.m2`, and then
>    try building again with a fresh start.
>
>    - Mike
>

>    --
>
>    Michael W. Dusenberry
>    GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw
>    LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/mikedusenberry
>
>>    On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 5:26 PM, <fschueler@posteo.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sandeep,
>>
>> it seems like you can't connect to the maven repository. Can you open the
>> link to the repository in a browser? (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)
>> Are you behind a proxy maybe?
>>
>> If nothing else, you can download a binary release from our website to get
>> started working with SystemML: http://systemml.apache.org/download.html
>> The beginners guide (http://systemml.apache.org/get-started) has another
>> way of getting started if you don't need to build the source yourself.
>>
>> - Felix
>>

>> Am 07.01.2017 02:09 schrieb Narayanaswami, Sandeep:
>>
>>> Dear SystemML community,
>>>
>>> I attempted the following (as per the Beginners' Guide for Python
>>> users<https://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/beginners-
>>> guide-python.html>):
>>>
>>> git checkout clone https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml.git
>>> cd incubator-systemml
>>> mvn clean package -P distribution
>>>
>>> This resulted in:
>>>
>>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>>> Downloading: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/18/apache-
>>> 18.pom
>>> Downloading:
>>> https://raw.github.com/niketanpansare/mavenized-jcuda/mvn-
>>> repo/org/apache/apache/18/apache-18.pom
>>> [ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
>>> [FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
>>> org.apache.systemml:systemml:0.12.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT: Could not
>>> transfer artifact org.apache:apache:pom:18 from/to central
>>> (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Connect to repo1.maven.org:443
>>> [repo1.maven.org/151.101.32.209] failed: Operation timed out
>>> (Connection timed out) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local
>>> POM @ line 22, column 10
>>> @
>>> [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR]   The project
>>> org.apache.systemml:systemml:0.12.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
>>> (/Users/ioz814/Projects/oss/incubator-systemml/pom.xml) has 1 error
>>> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
>>> org.apache.systemml:systemml:0.12.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT: Could not
>>> transfer artifact org.apache:apache:pom:18 from/to central
>>> (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Connect to repo1.maven.org:443
>>> [repo1.maven.org/151.101.32.209] failed: Operation timed out
>>> (Connection timed out) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local
>>> POM @ line 22, column 10 -> [Help 2]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
>>> the -e switch.
>>> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
>>> please read the following articles:
>>> [ERROR] [Help 1]
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
>>> [ERROR] [Help 2]
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Unresolvabl
>>> eModelException
>>>
>>> I’d appreciate any help with resolving this issue.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sandeep