systemml-dev mailing list archives

From fschue...@posteo.de
Subject [GSOC] Call for Proposals
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 00:21:46 GMT
GSOC 2017 CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Hi all,

the application for organizations for this year's Google Summer of Code
(GSoC) opened today and I would encourage everyone to submit project
proposals.

We should come up with a list of good proposals that we will make part
of our application as a mentoring organization. Students from all over
the world can then read those proposals and apply to work on them. In
case there are people on this mailing-list who are interested in working
on a SystemML related project, they can also propose and discuss ideas
here.

For guidelines how to write a proposal please refer to he Google help
page: http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/writing-a-proposal/

I would say you can write proposals for projects that you don't want to
mentor yourself but in the end we need at least one mentor per project.
It is likely that the number of total students assigned to organizations
new to GSoC (like SystemML) will be between 0 and 2 but the more (good
quality) proposals we can get, the better.

My suggestion is to collect proposal ideas in this thread and aggregate
them with a more detailed description in a google doc or something once
it's time to get ready for submission.

Happy proposing!
-Felix