systemml-dev mailing list archives

From dusenberr...@gmail.com
Subject Time To Release 0.13
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 02:38:35 GMT
Hi all,

Now that Spark 2.x support has been merged [1], I think we should go ahead and start a release
process for 0.13.  That way, we will have an official release that supports 2.x, in addition
to 0.12 that supports 1.6.

I'd like to propose that as long as our tests pass, and a performance suite on *8GB* is reasonably
acceptable, we go ahead and release. We can save more detailed performance testing and any
possible improvements for 0.13.x releases, or more importantly for the upcoming 1.0 release.
 I think it would be a good idea to have one official release on Spark 2.x that the community
can stress test before our 1.0 release.

Thoughts?

[1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/commit/a4c7be78390d01a3194e726d7a184c182bd8b558

-Mike