systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Acs S <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Time To Merge Spark 2.0 Support PR
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 20:03:35 GMT
We are trying to get SystemML 0.12 release out, which slowed down due to holiday period in
last 2+ weeksFinal verification pending from Glen (Niketan, Berthed) related to run wrappers
related code with 80GB data.
Once this get verified we should be in position to release 0.12 and then can plan to get PR
related to Spark 2.0 merged.
-Arvind

      From: Mike Dusenberry <dusenberrymw@gmail.com>
 To: dev <dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 11:54 AM
 Subject: Time To Merge Spark 2.0 Support PR

Hi to the SystemML community!

As you may know, SystemML currently only supports Spark 1.6, and does not
yet support Spark 2.x.  However, there is an open PR (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/pull/202) that replaces Spark
1.6 support with Spark 2.x support.

Spark 2.0.0 was released on July 26, 2016 (
https://spark.apache.org/news/spark-2-0-0-released.html), and 2.1.0 is now
available (https://spark.apache.org/news/spark-2-1-0-released.html).

I think it is time to merge the above PR into the master branch of the
project in order to move SystemML onto Spark 2.x.

Thoughts?  If no objections, I'd like to merge next week.

Cheers!

- Mike

--

Michael W. Dusenberry