systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Surve <ac...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Time To Release 0.13
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 04:33:38 GMT
We are planning to have 80GB testing for 0.13 release (to support Spark 2.0). It will add
couple of days for overall performance testing but its worth try before releasing SystemML
on Spark 2.0.If we find issues which are not show stopping then we can release Spark 2.0,
but we should get 80GB testing done.

 ------------------Arvind SurveSpark Technology Centerhttp://www.spark.tc/

      From: "dusenberrymw@gmail.com" <dusenberrymw@gmail.com>
 To: dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
 Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 6:38 PM
 Subject: Time To Release 0.13

Hi all,

Now that Spark 2.x support has been merged [1], I think we should go ahead and start a release
process for 0.13.  That way, we will have an official release that supports 2.x, in addition
to 0.12 that supports 1.6.

I'd like to propose that as long as our tests pass, and a performance suite on *8GB* is reasonably
acceptable, we go ahead and release. We can save more detailed performance testing and any
possible improvements for 0.13.x releases, or more importantly for the upcoming 1.0 release.
I think it would be a good idea to have one official release on Spark 2.x that the community
can stress test before our 1.0 release.

Thoughts?

[1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/commit/a4c7be78390d01a3194e726d7a184c182bd8b558

-Mike