I hate to say it, but -1. There have been a couple of important fixes since we've cut the rc and unfortunately, additional (so far unresolved) blocking issues showed up.
In detail the fixed issues are:
* SYSTEMML-1023: Fix csv line parsing (the quote-aware column-splitting was hanging on a single double-quote token)
* SYSTEMML-1024: Fix frame csv write (non-default csv properties like delimiters were not respected, i.e., we produced incorrect results)
* SYSTEMML-1025: Fix performance variability (better handling of scheduler delay, reduce all, coalesce, and rand/seq output partitioning)
* SYSTEMML-951: Efficient spark multi-block indexing (exploit partitioning pruning via PartitionPruningRDDs)
The remaining open blocking issues are:
* SYSTEMML-951: Crash on out-of-core matrix w/o partitioner; mlcontext and checkpoint instruction lose partitioning [patch existing]
* SYSTEMML-1030: Dataframe to matrix/frame converters fail if index column not at position 0 [patch existing]
* SYSTEMML-1029: Severe performance issues w/ specific access patterns over sparse update-in-place matrices (e.g., data generator descriptive statistics and decision tree / random forest)
I encourage everybody to spend some time on testing this RC2 though in order to get it as soon as possible into stable state.
Acs S ---10/08/2016 10:43:43 AM---I believe there is typo in voting close day and date. Luciano, can you please resend it with updated
From: Acs S <email@example.com.INVALID>
To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
Date: 10/08/2016 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC2)
I believe there is typo in voting close day and date. Luciano, can you please resend it with updated day and date?
From: Luciano Resende <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2016 10:39 AM
Subject: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC2)
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache SystemML version
The vote is open for at least 72 hours and will close on Saturday,
Wednesday 25 and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.
[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ...
To learn more about Apache SystemML, please see http://systemml.apache.org/
The tag to be voted on is v0.11.0-incubating-rc1
The release artifacts can be found at :
The maven release artifacts, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
== Apache Incubator release policy ==
Please find below the guide to release management during incubation:
== How can I help test this release? ==
If you are a SystemML user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Algorithm or workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.
== What justifies a -1 vote for this release? ==
-1 votes should only occur for significant stop-ship bugs or legal related
issues (e.g. wrong license, missing header files, etc). Minor bugs or
regressions should not block this release.