systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Boehm <mboe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adding tensorboard-like functionality to SystemML
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 08:18:53 GMT
Thanks for putting this together Niketan. However, could we please
postpone this discussion after our 1.0 release? Right now, I'm concerned
to see that we're adding many experimental features without really
getting them done. This includes for example, the GPU backend, the new
MLContext API, the Python DSL, the deep learning builtin functions, the
Scala algorithm wrappers, the old Spark debugger interface, and
compressed linear algebra. I think we should finish these features first
before moving on. If we're not careful about that, it would quickly
create a very bad impression for new users.

Regards,
Matthias