systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Niketan Pansare" <npan...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC3)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 20:16:34 GMT

+1

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare
IBM Almaden Research Center
E-mail: npansar At us.ibm.com
http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-npansar

From:	dusenberrymw@gmail.com
To:	dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:	10/21/2016 11:25 AM
Subject:	Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC3)

Okay I found out that the error I was encountering occurred due to passing
in a DataFrame with an explicit row index column ("__INDEX") that contain
incorrect row indices. Basically, I had taken a large DataFrame with the
row index column  and sampled from it, without updating the row indices.
Thus, I was effectively left with sparse row indices -- i.e. I may have had
rows 2, 18, 587, 398678, etc. The current DataFrame conversion code appears
to not yet be able to handle sparse row indices and thus threw an
exception. When I correctly re-indexed the sampled DataFrame with dense row
indices, everything worked as expected. Of course, our conversion code
automatically adds row indices to a given DataFrame during conversion if
the user does not supply them explicitly. However, it can save a bit of
time on repeated usage if it is done explicitly in one prior batch job.

I don't think this should block this release, and we should instead think
about this for the next release.  I've created SYSTEMML-1053 to track this
issue.

I'm running a few more tests, and then I'll respond today with a vote.

-Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.

> On Oct 20, 2016, at 10:48 PM, Glenn Weidner <gweidner@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Similar release-process steps executed successfully on Windows.
>
> Performance test suite for large data still running; reviewing of
available log files in-progress.

MacOS following the process here: http://apache.github.io/incubator-syst

http://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/release-process.html#all-binaries-execute

> (The in-memory jar was removed by [SYSTEMML-741])
>
> +1
>
> Nakul Jindal
>

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:18 PM, <dusenberrymw@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay I've been testing the release candidate on a large-scale problem,
and
> > I'm currently running into a "java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException" in
> > the SparseBlockMCSR that I do not believe was present previously. I'm
> > currently investigating, and will post again soon.
> >
> > On another note, I successfully ran all of the Python tests on both
Python

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

<gweidner@us.ibm.com>

> > 05:38:26