systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Azares <jason.aza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] SystemML New Logo Ideas
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 17:36:22 GMT
Hey guys,

Branding wise, we also feel that #1 and #4 are the best choices. It's great
that we're all on the same page. To answer the question of pros and cons of
each logo, here is a quick list:

Logo 1:

   - More versatile because of its scalability; We think logo 4 will be
      hard to discern once sized down; Logo 1 looks cleaner in website headers
      with text
      - Relevant because it has a matrix bracket
      - It's a simplified version of the robot. Think of it as the batman
      signal and the robot is batman.

Logo 4:

   - More original because it has a personality
      - Diverse in the actions it can perform because it can move, animate,
      and be customized based on intent and use
      - The robot is kind of cute and approachable

Our suggestion is to use both. Logo 1 is the simplified version of the
robot. Logo 4 is the personification of the logo used to explain concepts.

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Regards,
Jason and the design team

P.S. In general, here are our guidelines for creating a great logo:

   - *original* - something that stands out from competitors
   - *relevant* - reflects the brand's mission and values
   - *versatile* - look good in black and white, in different colors and
   sizes depending on context (e.g. billboards, websites, t-shirts, toys,
   business cards, etc)
   - *memorable* - easily recognizable everywhere (e.g. mickey mouse, nike)
   - *timeless* - not just based on what's currently popular