systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject use of systemml-0.10.0.incubating.jar
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 16:24:33 GMT
Taking a look at "systemml-0.10.0.incubating.jar" from maven-central...

1. Looks like we have code embedded here in other projects' namespaces:  org.apache.wink ,
org.antlr, org.abego, com.google.common .  Shouldn't we be using shade to re-namespace these
so users do not have potential clashes?

2. I see the .dml files are included in the .jar under "scripts".  But I am not sure how to
load and use these with an oasaj.Connection .  Is there something I am missing, or is this
a to-do ?

3. Including "org.apache.systemml:systemml: 0.10.0-incubating" in my projects's POM did not
seem to pull in any transitive dependencies.  But just to instantiate an oasaj.Connection,
it needed hadoop-common and hadoop-mapreduce-client-common.  Is this an oversight or am I
using the jar in the wrong way?  Also, is there any plan to remove these dependencies?  Ideally
using the Java connector wouldn't need to pull in a significant portion of Hadoop.

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group