systemml-dev mailing list archives

From dusenberr...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC3)
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 19:18:10 GMT
Okay I've been testing the release candidate on a large-scale problem, and I'm currently running
into a "java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException" in the SparseBlockMCSR that I do not believe
was present previously. I'm currently investigating, and will post again soon.

On another note, I successfully ran all of the Python tests on both Python 2.7 and 3.5.

-Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 2:46 PM, Glenn Weidner <gweidner@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Yes - that is correct for test cases involving ID column for DataFrameVectorFrameConversionTest,
DataFrameVectorScriptTest, MLContextTest. The four failures for MLContextFrameTest were slightly
different and involve similar fix as done for FrameConverterTest under [SYSTEMML-568] where
FrameRDDConverterUtils.csvToRowRDDused to incorporate schema information when converting to
JavaRDD<Row>.

> Thanks,
> Glenn
>
> Matthias Boehm ---10/19/2016 12:36:04 PM---Glenn, all these issues were only caused by
wrong tests that used an invalid ID schema or populated

> From: Matthias Boehm <mboehm7@googlemail.com>
> To: dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
> Date: 10/19/2016 12:36 PM
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.11.0-incubating (RC3)
>

> Glenn, all these issues were only caused by wrong tests that used an
> invalid ID schema or populated this column incorrectly, right? If so,
> then I think it's fine to release. However, if we touch it anyway, we
> should globally change the ID schema from double to long, which is more
> intuitive when created by hand.
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>
> On 10/19/2016 8:30 PM, Deron Eriksson wrote:
> > OK, so I think it's my understanding that for the 'src' release for rc3,
> > the pom is using Spark 1.4 and the test suite passes for Spark 1.4, so this
> > issue being discussed regarding test cases on Spark 1.6 is not a blocker
> > for this release since the 'src' release builds and all tests pass.
> >
> > If this is not correct, could someone please correct me?
> >
> > Deron
> >

> > On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> if tests are consistently failing, then we should cancel the RC and either
> >> fix the test or mark it as @ignored.
> >>
> >> Intermittent fails might be ok, but it's a community decision.

> >> Niketan

> >> release

> >> person=us-npansar*
> >> person=us-npansar>