systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Boehm" <mbo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Proof of Concept: Embedded Scala DSL
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 08:11:11 GMT

thanks for sharing the summary - this is very nice. While looking over the
example, I had the following questions:

1) Output handling: It would be great to see an example how the results of
Algorithm.execute() are consumed. Do you intend to hand out our binary
matrix representation or MLContext's Matrix from which the user then
requests specific output formats? Also if there are multiple Algorithm
instances, how is the MLContext (with its internal state of lazily
evaluated intermediates) reused?

2) Scala-breeze prototyping: How do you intend to support operations that
are not supported in breeze? Examples are removeEmpty, table, aggregate,
rowIndexMax, quantile/centralmoment, cummin/cummax, and DNN operations?

3) Frame data type and operations: Do you also intend to add a frame type
and its operations? I think for this initial prototype it is not
necessarily required but please make the scope explicit.

Regards,
Matthias