systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation Personas
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 23:07:28 GMT
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Madison Myers <madisonjmyers@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for opening up this dialogue Felix & Luciano!
>
> Additionally, Luciano mentioned that he was trying to find two key personas
> for the SystemML website. Looking at the results from the SystemML survey I
> sent out a few weeks ago, it is clear that an overwhelming majority of
> people voted for Data Scientist- new and Data Scientist- advanced. Input on
> if you agree on these results would be helpful.

> Thanks again!
> Madison

I was thinking on two main personas : Data Scientist and Data Engineers.
And at least for the Data Scientist, we might have to have topics for both
R and Python.

In summary, I would say :

Getting Started for Data Scientists (note that we should have a version for
R and Python):

 - Creating algorithms with SystemML : this is kind a helloworld where a
Data Scientist creates and runs a very simple algorithm.

- Running existing algorithms with SystemML : in this scenario, we would
guide the data scientist on how to run an algorithm from the sample library
from SystemML. We should also guide the data scientist to choose the right
algorithm for his/her specific problem.

- Customizing existing algorithms with SystemML: in this scenario, we would
guide the data scientist to start making customization and applying the
algorithm for different data sets.

Getting started for Data Engineers:

- Overview of different options/runtimes supported by SystemML

- Debugging SystemML ???

- Engine development guide ???

Thoughts ?

--