IBM Almaden Research Center
E-mail: npansar At us.ibm.com
http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-npansar

Inactive hide details for Berthold Reinwald---08/29/2016 10:26:54 AM---fine by me. Following the correct Python conventions is Berthold Reinwald---08/29/2016 10:26:54 AM---fine by me. Following the correct Python conventions is important. As the old API is still in place

From: Berthold Reinwald/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
To: dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date: 08/29/2016 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: Change Python Package Name to 'systemml' For New API

fine by me. Following the correct Python conventions is important. As the
old API is still in place, it would not break anything.

Regards,
Berthold Reinwald
IBM Almaden Research Center
office: (408) 927 2208; T/L: 457 2208
e-mail: reinwald@us.ibm.com

From:   dusenberrymw@gmail.com
To:     dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:   08/29/2016 10:00 AM

We have added a new set of Python APIs to the project, including a wrapper
over the new MLContext.  As part of this new addition, we would like to
update the official Python package name in the new API from `SystemML` to
`systemml` to follow correct Python conventions.  The new API is not
backward compatible, however we will keep the old API untouched.
Therefore, this package change would only change the new API which is
brand new for he upcoming release.

Please raise any concerns!

-Mike

--