systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Boehm" <mbo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Version-specific documentation
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 04:40:07 GMT

In the context of SYSTEMML-554, we aim to introduce native frame data type
support. While porting the file-based transform, I intend to drop the
existing transform scaling functionality (mean substraction, z-scoring) as
it is more naturally expressed over matrices. However, this change raises a
general question with regard to our documentation:

How do you feel about maintaining version-specific language references? It
would certainly help to avoid version-specific conflicts (e.g., builtin
functions added in newer versions) but it might add overhead as fixes would
need to go into multiple versions. Personally, I would be in favor of
simply archiving the old documentation (but keeping it available) as part
of our release process.

Regards,
Matthias