systemml-dev mailing list archives

From dusenberr...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemML 0.10.0-incubating (RC1)
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 19:47:18 GMT
+1

I ran scripts in Jupyter and Zeppelin using both the Scala and Python MLContext APIs in order
to test our notebook integration.

One thing to note is that our Python API file, `SystemML.py`, is not included with the main
distribution. We can work around this, and it should not block this release, but we'll want
to it add it for the next release.

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.

> On May 24, 2016, at 12:47 AM, Matthias Boehm <mboehm@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> In detail, I ran our performance testsuite on Spark 1.6.1 for data sizes {80MB, 800MB,
8GB, 80GB}, sparse/dense, intercept 0/1/2, and the algorithm classes binomial (Mlogreg, L2SVM,
MSVM), multinomial (Mlogreg, MSVM, Naive Bayes), regression (LinregCG, LinregDS, GLM poisson-log,
GLM gamma-log, GLM binomal-probit), clustering (Kmeans), and statistics (Univariate, Bivariate).
The good news is that there are no compiler/runtime issues and performance is as expected.

> On thing, however, is that we get quite often exceptions like the one below in the logs
- these are output in log level WARN and apparently caused by a race condition in the stop
call on the spark context (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-12967). Unfortunately,
it's only fixed in 2.0 and there is nothing we can do about it.

> java.lang.IllegalStateException: RpcEnv already stopped.
> at org.apache.spark.rpc.netty.Dispatcher.postMessage(Dispatcher.scala:159)
> at org.apache.spark.rpc.netty.Dispatcher.postToAll(Dispatcher.scala:109)
>
> Regards,
> Matthias
>

> Luciano Resende ---05/20/2016 10:45:17 PM---Please vote on releasing the following candidate
as Apache SystemML version 0.10.0-incubating !