systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Niketan Pansare" <npan...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Updating documentation for notebook
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 01:04:23 GMT

Hi all,

Here is a suggestion for reducing the barrier to entry for SystemML: "Have
a detailed quickstart guide/video using Notebook on free (or trial-based)
hosting solution like IBM Bluemix or Data Scientist Workbench".

I have create a sample tutorial:
https://github.com/niketanpansare/systemml_tutorial

Missing items in above tutorial:
1. Create a separate section for Notebook rather than have it hidden under
MLContext Programming guide (
http://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/spark-mlcontext-programming-guide.html
).
2. Add Python Notebooks (This requires attaching both jars and python
MLContext to Zeppelin or Jupyter context).
3. Allow users to use jars from our nightly build (see my jupyter example)
as well as released version (see my zeppelin example).
4. Tutorials for all our algorithms using real world dataset. Example:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSPT3X_2.1.2/com.ibm.swg.im.infosphere.biginsights.tut.doc/doc/tut_Mod_BigR.html
.
5. DML Kernel for Zeppelin (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYSTEMML-542).
6. Other hosting services such as AzureML.
7. Tutorial that shows SystemML's integration with MLPipeline.

These missing items can be broken down into relatively small tasks with
detailed specification that external contributors can work on. Any
thoughts ?

Thanks,

Niketan Pansare
IBM Almaden Research Center