Y = removeEmpty(target=X, select=Ind);

Regards,
Matthias

Inactive hide details for Matthias Boehm---03/31/2016 10:14:50 AM---that's a good question - no SystemML does not support set iMatthias Boehm---03/31/2016 10:14:50 AM---that's a good question - no SystemML does not support set indexing yet but you can emulate it via pe

From: Matthias Boehm/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
To: dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date: 03/31/2016 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: Logical indexing?

that's a good question - no SystemML does not support set indexing yet but you can emulate it via permutation matrices or similar transformations. Here are some examples:

# option 1: via permutation (aka selection) matrices
P = removeEmpty(target=diag(X[,1]>10), margin="rows");
Y = P %*% X;

# option 2: via removeEmpty
Ind = diag(X[,1]>10);
Y = removeEmpty(target=X, select=Ind);

Regards,
Matthias

Ethan Xu ---03/31/2016 08:47:43 AM---Does SystemML support logical indexing? For example if X is a numerical matrix with 2 columns and n