systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
Subject Matrix Market format with metadata file
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 23:45:36 GMT
Hi,

The Matrix Market coordinate format contains # rows, # columns, and #
non-zero values as metadata near the top of a matrix data file.

If I write a matrix in mm format using SystemML, no metadata file is
created since the metadata is stored within the data file.

However, when reading a matrix with mm format, I can supply a metadata
file, even though metadata exists in the matrix data file. Is there any
reason for this, or should this be disallowed since the metadata file is
redundant and can cause confusion, since metadata values can then be
specified in two places, which then brings up the question, "which metadata
value should be used"?

Deron