systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Boehm" <mbo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Turn off parallelism in parfor?
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 20:55:04 GMT

yes, this is because the parfor optimizer overwrites this specification.
You could use either one of the following
1) "parfor(opt=NONE, par=1)" (disables optimization, uses defaults, and
overwrites the specified parameters)
2) "parfor(opt=CONSTRAINED, par=1)" (optimizes as usual under the
constraint of the specified parameters)
3) for() (since parfor is derived from for, you can always use for wherever
you can use parfor, useful for debugging)

Regards,
Matthias