systemml-dev mailing list archives

From dusenberr...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release SystemML 0.9.0-incubating (RC2)
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 01:24:44 GMT
FYI, the issue was due to a leftover Git cache from before the addition of the `.gitattributes`
file that fixed these line endings.  The cache on the machine used for cutting the release
still contained the files with the Windows-style line-endings.  Since the `.gitattributes`
file is present, these incorrect line-endings would not have made their way back into the
official repo, but when building the release distributions locally, they were simply copied
over.  The solution was to instruct Git to remove its local cache as follows, which may be
beneficial for everyone to perform:

    - `git rm --cached -r .`
    - `git reset --hard`

Just note that this will remove any changes that have not yet been committed or stashed locally.

- Mike

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw