systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
Subject Closing pull requests
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2015 21:04:56 GMT
Hi Luciano and others,

I just merged my first pull request from another user into SystemML.
Previously, before pushing to Apache master I've been doing a "commit
--amend" to add a "Closes #[PR-NUM]." to the end of the commit message so
as to let asfgit close the pull request. However, because of the sync
issues from Apache to GitHub (2 of my last 5 commits seemed to hang the
propagation), I decided to hold off on the "commit --amend" to try to keep
things as simple as possible to avoid any kind of sync issue.

So, the PR merged cleanly and the update shows up on the SystemML project
on GitHub as expected. However, the PR is not closed because asfgit didn't
close it and I don't have permissions to close it.

So, at this stage, does the user close the pull request, or is it possible
for me to have permissions to close the pull request?

Thank you,
Deron