systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven profiles for distributions
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 23:52:11 GMT
I was reviewing #PR6, and I was wondering why we need to have a different
maven profile for distribution ?

    Source distribution
        mvn clean package -P SourceDist
    Cluster distribution
        mvn clean package -P ClusterDist
    Standalone distribution
        mvn clean package -P StandaloneDist
    In-memory distribution
        mvn clean package -P InmemoryDist

I would say the scenario is either, you are just compiling and want to
produce the jar, or you are creating a distribution and want to have the
multiple distros created.

So, how about we only have a "distribution" profile ?

        mvn clean package -P distribution

Thoughts ?

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/pull/6

--