systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Boehm" <mbo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How to contribute SystemML
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 07:47:14 GMT

Hi Tatsuya,

thanks for your interest, we'd love to help you get started.

Although we do have various APIs, including MLContext that allows you to
invoke DML scripts from Spark's interactive shell, we don't have an actual
REPL interface yet. Niketan built an initial prototype of a related API.
@Niketan: Do you want to comment on that?

Such a feature would, however, require substantial discussions, especially
with regard to optimization scope etc and hence might not be a good
starting task. How about we select some smaller tasks on our existing APIs
and once you feel comfortable get started on a larger feature like that?

Regards,
Matthias