systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
Subject SystemML-config.xml in distributed Hadoop environment
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 03:31:00 GMT
Hello,

The SystemML binary release comes with a SystemML configuration file
(SystemML-config.xml) in its root directory. Are all the property
name/values in this file the recommended SystemML configuration settings
when running on a Hadoop cluster? Are any of these properties of particular
relevance when increasing performance for the cluster?

For example, I have a 4-node cluster with 3 data nodes. Should I change
<numreducers> to be 2x the number of data nodes, so change from 10 to 6?

Also, with regards to <optlevel>, what is being optimized and how does this
affect performance?

Thanks!
Deron