systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Website
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2015 02:46:56 GMT
On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Mike Dusenberry <dusenberrymw@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think that hosting the "overview" website (basic info on the project,
> link to the GitHub code repo, binary releases, snapshots of docs for the
> releases, etc.) in a separate Git repo should be fine since it's not tied
> to the core codebase.

Exactly.

> For our "docs" (guides, language references, API
> Javadocs, etc.), I vote that we keep them in their current location within
> the SystemML Git code repo.  When we cut a release, we can just compile a
> snapshot of the docs for that release and publish to the "overview"
> website.

Yes, and this would also include other things such as JavaDocs, etc.

> For the current, bleeding-edge version, we can just continue our
> current practice of automatically deploying a subtree of the "docs" folder
> from the master branch to the "gh-pages" branch and let GitHub render it
> (as is the case for http://sparktc.github.io/systemml/).  This should be
> beneficial in that it keeps the docs, which are intrinsically tied to the
> current version of the codebase, collocated with the code.  Also, since the
> "docs" folder is just a Jekyll project with Markdown, images, etc., we
> won't have any compiled artifacts (HTML, etc.) in the repo.

This is what we need to check if still going to work, as we will be moving
to the Apache Infrastructure and github becomes only a mirror of the code,
and not the cannonical repository. But the workflow idea is exactly this,
with the exception that "gh-pages" might be the project website via
svnpubsub.

--
Luciano Resende