systemml-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Website
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 17:54:34 GMT
Some follow-ups below:

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have started to put together a strawman for the SystemML website using
> Jekyll to generate the static version of the site. If you want to take a
> look at the alpha version, please check the link below:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende/system-ml/website/
>
> My goal is to have some basic info available and publish the first
> version, and continue to work as a team to make it better.
>
> Some decisions we need to make :
> - Where should the source for the website go
>    -- own repository versus
>    -- collocated with the systemml source code main repo

Based on previous discussion [1] and some best practices from other
projects, I am planning to create a git repository for the SystemML
website, and use svnpubsub to publish the website.

The git repository could have been just a folder in the SystemML
repository, but I was thinking that it won't match release cycles, etc and
always have to be updated after the fact of a release, so a separate repo
seemed better for me. Please let me know what are your thoughts.

> - How are we going to integrate the project artifacts, such as docs,
> javadocs, etc which needs to be versioned and accessible by version
>    -- at the time of the release, we publish a snapshot to the website ?
>    -- and how we publish all changes to the "current" documentation ? do
> we actually need this ?

Based on the comment above, with svnpubsub, we would be able to store these
extra and versioned projects artifacts in svn, and link them from the
website code.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg51414.html

--
Luciano Resende