systemml-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian R Kadner" <ckad...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Migrating source code from GitHub
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 19:38:22 GMT

@Luciano, I think Reynold has a good point. In some of my experiments to
flatten the SystemML folder structure, the new git repo shrank to 33 MB --
down from 200+ MB currently.

@Reynold, do you have experience with weeding out git repos? If so, could
you share a script or "recipe" beyond what can be found in the Git book or
on Stackoverflow?

Best regards,
Christian Kadner

From:	Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com>
To:	dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:	11/12/2015 11:32 AM
Subject:	Re: Migrating source code from GitHub

I wouldn't normally do this, but if you have a very large codebase that
filled with binary files in the past, this is your last chance to truncate
(or remove binary files from) the commit log.