syncope-user mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Run Syncope in embedded mode
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:13:48 GMT
On 15/02/2013 20:49, Ömer Faruk AK wrote:
> Thank you for information.
>
> Now i'm trying to run on ubuntu server at Apache Tomcat. I completed
> your wiki exactly. But when i deploy syncope-console always gives
> session expired error and for syncope application, tomcat web
> application manager says /FAIL - Application at context path /syncope
> could not be started/

When you say "your wiki", I guess you are referring to [1].

I'd suggest to first deploy syncope.war, and to take a look at Tomcat
log files (mainly catalina.out) while deploying in order to catch the
first exception during WAR deployment and provide necessary action.

Problems in deploying Syncope core are often due to missing JDBC driver
(did you put mysql-connector-java-XXXX.jar or the JDBC driver for your
DBMS in Tomcat's classpath, e.g. under $CATALINA_HOME/lib, *before*
starting Tomcat for deploying Syncope?) but can vary across many reasons.

The error related to Syncope console is instead due to the fact that it
cannot contact the Syncope core - in this case it could very well be
because the Syncope core is just not available.

Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+real+environments

--