syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Few suggestions on XML content export
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2020 07:11:03 GMT
On 16/01/20 17:37, Misagh Moayyed wrote:
> Hey Team,
>
> Wanted to share a couple of ideas with you to see if they may be worth following up with
JIRAs and PRs:

Hi Misagh, thanks for sharing your ideas!

> - While working on Syncope, often times I end up making a change in the admin console
(i.e. adding a configuration parameter), and then I export/download the configuration XML,
pick out the new changes from the saved XML file to put into my own version of the MasterContent.xml.
This works great with one small issue and that is, I have to download and the save file. It
would be more comfortable if Syncope offered a way to just view the XML configuration with
an export option separately.

Nice one, and quite simple to implement, I would say...

> - Similarly, it would be even better if I the admin console allowed one to view the XML
configuration of an individual item. For example, I would be interested in seeing the XML
representation of the new configuration parameter I added in the admin console, or it might
be a user object, group, etc.
This is more complex, as it requires some logic to bind high-level objects (as "Configuration
Parameters") down to actual database tables - in this case it would be CPlainAttr and its
relationships, e.g. SyncopeSchema, PlainSchema, CPlainAttr, CPlainAttrValue and CPlainAttrUniqueValue.

Such logic can leverage OpenJPA's metadata information of course - still, not trivial.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence