syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Misagh Moayyed <misagh.moay...@tirasa.net>
Subject Few suggestions on XML content export
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2020 16:37:02 GMT
Hey Team,

Wanted to share a couple of ideas with you to see if they may be worth following up with JIRAs
and PRs:

- While working on Syncope, often times I end up making a change in the admin console (i.e.
adding a configuration parameter), and then I export/download the configuration XML, pick
out the new changes from the saved XML file to put into my own version of the MasterContent.xml.
This works great with one small issue and that is, I have to download and the save file. It
would be more comfortable if Syncope offered a way to just view the XML configuration with
an export option separately.

- Similarly, it would be even better if I the admin console allowed one to view the XML configuration
of an individual item. For example, I would be interested in seeing the XML representation
of the new configuration parameter I added in the admin console, or it might be a user object,
group, etc.

WDYT?

--Misagh