syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Brashevets <Dmitriy.Brashev...@united-security-providers.ch>
Subject Changes in equals and hashCode contract
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2019 12:41:41 GMT
Hi Dev Team.

In Syncope 2_0_X branch all models that extend the org.apache.syncope.common.lib.AbstractBaseBean
previously used
org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.EqualsBuilder#reflectionEquals() and org.apache.commons.lang3.builder.HashCodeBuilder#reflectionHashCode()
in the contract of Object#equals and Object#hashCode methods.

Starting from 2_1_X the equals and hashCode contract has changed and is declared explicitly
in each model.

I see that it was removed to fix the performance: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1392.
Do you have any charts or diagrams that can demonstrate how the performance was improved?

We widely use the syncope-client-lib in our code and models from this library. And I'm afraid
of that we can potentially have issues in our app, because the contract has changed.

Kind Regards,
Dmitriy Brashevets