syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Patricelli <andreapatrice...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Joining the OpenJDK Quality Outreach initiative
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:43:30 GMT
Hi all,

definitely +1.

Best regards,
Andrea

Il 16/12/19 13:09, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> we have the chance to join the OpenJDK Quality Outreach initiative [1].
>
> They try to encourage popular open source projects to test their releases on latest OpenJDK
Early Access builds (i.e. JDK 14 -ea, atm), by providing them with regular information describing
new builds, their features, and making sure that their bug reports and feedback land in the
right hands. So in that sense, being able to expand the set of projects testing against the
latest JDK Early Access builds across many domains
> can help detect issues that would otherwise be only detected once a release is shipped.
>
> As you can see from [1], there are several ASF projects listed there, so I believe there
is nothing preventing us to do so.

> Since our master branch builds are based on OpenJDK 11, I think the only requirement
left would be to set up a CI job  against OpenJDK 14-EA, which is definitely something we
can afford.

--
Dott. Andrea Patricelli
Tel. +39 3204524292

Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale Vittoria Colonna 97 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member