syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running Syncope from source?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2019 11:22:09 GMT
On 17/09/19 13:18, Misagh Moayyed wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to figure out how I might run Syncope from source. This page [1] describes
instructions that can be used to build the codebase, and run/debug integration tests, etc.
However, I fail to see how I might be able to directly run Syncope webapps directly from the
command-line or inside a development environment/IDE and step through with a debugger.

> Does anyone have other references to share? or is the recommended strategy to build and
install the codebase/changes to the local maven repo, and then opt for the overlay to test
changes and debug?

Hi Misagh,
[1] is supposed to answer to such question too, but maybe it's not clear.

First run

mvn -PskipTests,all

from root folder.

Then if you want to run only Syncope Core, with JPDA debug on localhost:8000:

cd fit/core-refererence
mvn -Pdebug,all (or -P debug if you don't want extensions)

If you want to run Syncope Core and Console, with JPDA debug on localhost:8000:

cd fit/console-reference
mvn -Pdebug

If you want to run Syncope Core, Console and Enduser, with JPDA debug on localhost:8000:

cd fit/enduser-reference
mvn -Pdebug

Regards.

--